- Apr 17, 2021 FileZilla is available for both Windows and Ubuntu Linux, thus simply go to its website and download the client. To know the steps for installing the client version of FileZilla on Ubuntu, see our tutorial- How to install FileZilla Client on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Linux.
- Install FileZilla in Ubuntu/Linux Mint First we need to add PPA file in our system and then we can install it. Use following commands to complete the installation. $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/programs-ppa $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install filezilla.
FileZilla is one of the best freeware tool known to all web developers. It is super performer when it comes to editing, file upload/download from remote server. As per FileZilla, its current version yields
Download filezilla18.104.22.168-1ubuntu1arm64.deb for 16.04 LTS from Ubuntu Universe repository.
- Easy to use
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and more
- IPv6 support
- Available in many languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Tabbed user interface
- Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
- Drag & drop support
- Configurable transfer speed limits
- Filename filters
- Directory comparison
- Network configuration wizard
- Remote file editing
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy support
- Logging to file
- Synchronized directory browsing
- Remote file search
Download Filezilla Ubuntu 64-bit
Now, We will instruct you how to install FileZilla from tar.bz2 in Debian based Linux OS (think Ubuntu). First go to https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client and download the latest version of FileZilla. Then run the following commands:
Create a shortcut icon to show FileZilla in ubuntu applications menu
Download Filezilla For Mac
Download Filezilla Ubuntu Free
If you got this error: filezilla: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. Then, you may need to install below library from terminal.