After a 3 year music hiatus and 1 year break from social media, Ed Sheeran is back again in full groove with the release of his third album, Divide.
He released the 12-track album (there’s 16 on the deluxe edition) at midnight. Even before giving it a listen, we all know that Ed Sheeran never disappoints. And he truly didn’t! They’re about love, loss and life in general. One thing for sure, it’ll be on replay for quite awhile once you start listening to it.
Ed Sheeran’s songs are all about catchy tunes and heartfelt, raw lyrics weaved together. They say so much and make us feel so much. Here’s the top 10 lyrics from his latest album:
1. “I used to think that nothing could be better than touring the world with my songs. I chased the pictured perfect life, I think they painted it wrong. I think that money is the root of evil and fame is hell. Relationships and hearts you fixed, they break as well.” – Eraser
2. “And to the next generation, inspiration’s allowed. The world may be filled with hate, but keep erasing it now, somehow.” – Eraser
3. “I found my heart and broke it here. Made friends and lost them through the years” – Castle On The Hill
4. “Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know. She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I’ll share her home. I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets.” – Perfect
5. “Well, I’ve found love inside the arms of the woman I know. She is the lighthouse in the night, that will safely guide me home.” – Hearts Don’t Break Around Here
6. “Love could change the world in a moment, but what do I know?” – What Do I Know?
7. “We got questions we should not ask but how would you feel, if I told you I loved you? It’s just something that I want to do. I’ll be taking my time, spending my life falling deeper in love with you.” – How Would You Feel
8. “Oh I’m in pieces, it’s tearing me up, but I know a heart that’s broke is a heart that’s been loved.” – Supermarket Flowers
9. “My farewell. So before I save someone else, I’ve got to save myself” – Save Myself
10. “’Cause human beings are destined to radiate or drain. What line do we stand upon ’cause from here it looks the same.” – Save Myself